You know those moments when you’re craving chocolate .. but you don’t want to go over-board and indulge in a massive bar of chocolate (for the sake of your waist-line?!).. well here is the solution.. Chocolate Protein Mousse made with just 4 ingredients! And if you’re used to my recipes then you should have the ingredients already in your fridge.
This dessert/snack recipe is packed with protein (from the whey and Greek yoghurt) which will leave you feeling fuller for longer and the chocolate flavours are enhanced by the cocoa and sweetener. Cocoa, as well as tasting amazing, is packed with antioxidants which keep us healthy.
I’ve included a protein-powder free version of this mousse too (check the ingredients list for information!) and if you like the sound of this recipe and want something slightly more indulgent/suitable for a dinner party then check out my Chocolate (vegan) Mousse made with Avocado!
Do send me a picture on social media (links to the right!) if you make this recipe.. nutritional stats FYI are for when you use 0% Green Yoghurt (my favourite as it’s the highest in protein and lowest in sugar) and the recipes serves one person!
Chocolate Protein Mousse
- 200g 0% or 2% Greek yoghurt
- 30g chocolate protein powder (or low calorie chocolate powder)
- 10g cocoa powder
- 10g xyltiol or 2 tsp sweetener/coconut sugar
- Mix together the chocolate protein powder/hot chocolate powder with the cocoa and sweetener before adding it to the yoghurt and mixing well.
- Top with desiccated coconut/berries/banana (optional!) and serve!
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 4 g
Total Carbohydrates 15 g
Protein 46 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
One word … AMAZING!!! Tastes better than real chocolate mousse. Thank you Nic for another amazing healthy recipe 🙂
Aw thanks Rachel! So glad you like it 🙂 xx
This was really good
Thank you Nina!
I made this tonight for the first time. While it tasted very good it was very “runny”. How can I thinken it up?
Hey! Did you use Greek yoghurt or Greek style yoghurt? The latter is less thick!