Whoop whoop! It’s here!! Sheffield’s very first HEALTHY FAST FOOD RESTAURANT! Nourish is a project that I’ve been working on for the last few months and today was their grand opening! The co-owners, David Stache & Ben Pryor, along with head-chef Richard Pryor had a vision to provide great-tasting, healthy fast-food that nourishes customers from the inside out, and today they brought their vision to life.
Nourish has a 100% “Nic’s Nutrition” approved menu with everything on it literally bursting with nutrients. All of the food is clearly labelled to tell you how it’s nourishing your body, along with the calories, macro-nutrients (protein, fat, carbs and fibre) and allergy/other information i.e. gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan, dairy-free, low glyeamic load, wheat-free, superfood, low carb and high protein.
To give you a ‘taste’ of the Nourish menu, this is what I ordered..
- Quinoa Hot Pot: Veg (medium size) – Quinoa, black beans, tinned toms, roast pepper, red onion, carrot, courgette, chickpeas, cashews, pearl barley, sweetcorn (369Kcal, 13.1g protein, 9.9g fat, 55.6g carbs, 10.2g fibre) – £3.45
- High Protein Low Carb Smoothie – Vanilla protein powder, almond nut butter, spinach, almond milk, blueberries (270Kcal, 32g protein, 14g fat, 4g carbs) – £2.45
- Water – Zero cals 😉
Other deliciousness on the Nourish menu includes (and this is just a taster!!) …
- Quinoa Porridge with Almond Milk or Semi-Skimmed Milk, with 2 toppings of either Greek yoghurt, pomegranate seeds, agave nectar, nut butter, peanut butter, chia seeds, protein powder, goji berries or banana.
- Scrambled Eggs with spelt, rye, wholemeal or gluten-free toast with 2 toppings of either roast tomato & basil, chicken sausage, smoked salmon & feta, bacon, avocado or haricot beans.
- Salmon Superfood Wrap – free range eggs, wholemeal wrap, avocado, smoked salmon & spinach.
- Protein Pancakes – free range eggs, semi-skimmed milk, oats, almond butter & Greek yoghurt.
- Quinoa Superfoods Salad – quinoa, broccoli, kale, spinach, red onion, avocado, pomegranate seeds, almonds and vitamin B12.
- Smoked Mackerel & Beetroot Salad – mackerel, broccoli, beetroot, cherry tomatoes, spinach, Greek yoghurt, peas, walnuts, rocket, chard and horseradish.
- Salmon, Chickpea & Olive Salad – salmon, chickpeas, spinach, olives, chard, rocket, cucumber, radish, fennel, dill.
- Meatballs in Tuscan Spiced Tomato Sauce – bulgur wheat, tuscan spiced tomato sauce, turkey meatballs, carrot, Greek yoghurt, basil, oregano.
- Baked Sweet Potato – with either Mexican bean chilli / smoked mackerel, Greek yoghurt & horseradish / feta cheese & spring onion / hummus & paprika.
- Green Leaf Wraps – with hummus & feta / lentil & dahl / mackerel & quinoa.
- Wholemeal Wraps – with chicken & avocado / lentil & dahl / turkey meatballs.
- Smoothies: banana powder smoothie / energy smoothie / protein smoothie.
- Iced Green Tea: strawberry, mango & banana / kiwi, apple & lemon and more.
- Hot Drinks: black coffee / green tea / Yorkshire tea (of course!!).
Nourish is not only 100% healthy and convenient, it’s reasonably priced too – with prices starting from £1.95 and main meals costing on average £3.45. I was so impressed that I cannot recommend enough that (if you live close by), you check them out and make them your regular breakfast/lunch/dinner stop!!
Team Nourish… (left to right)
- David Stache: Nutritionist & Co-owner of Nourish
- Me: Should have worn heels
- Ben Pryor: Co-owner of Nourish
- Richard Pryor: Head Healthy Chef – as instructed by David 😉 (!)
The entire Nourish team is there to advise and support customers to make informed choices about their health and food choices.. after all, they are ‘fast food with a conscience’!