If you’re looking for a healthy chocolate mousse recipe that tastes AMAZING (and is vegan too!) then you’ve come to the right place!
This recipe is so simple to make as it uses just FOUR ingredients (plus 1 optional extra!). And don’t let the secret ingredient (avocado!!) put you off as you really cannot taste that it’s there. This chocolate mousse is packed with healthy fats and vitamin E which will help to nourish you from the inside out!
Do let me know if you make this recipe too!
Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- 1 very ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp warm water - optional
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (vegan option) or honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon or vanilla essence
- OPTIONAL: small ripe banana
- TOPPINGS: Almond slices, desiccated coconut, yoghurt and/or berries
- De-stone the avocado & scoop out the flesh into your food processor. Blend until creamy, scraping down the sides as needed. Add a tbsp of warm water to help it blend if needed.
- Add in the cocoa, cinnamon/vanilla and honey/maple syrup and blend until combined. Add the optional banana if you're using it and blend again.
- Serve on its own (between 2 people) or with your favourite toppings (mine are blueberries, yoghurt, flaked almonds & desiccated coconut!) or chill in the fridge for 60 minutes to allow it to firm up first. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 14 g
Total Carbohydrates 12 g
Protein 3 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
*This blog post contains an affiliate link. Please read my disclaimer page for more information.