Having already reviewed the classic Graze Nibble Box I couldn’t wait to try Graze’s new Breakfast Variety Box. The Breakfast Box gives you a selection of 4 out of 20 (with more coming soon!) delicious porridges, mueslis and granolas, meaning that breakfast never gets boring!
If you haven’t heard of the Graze Box concept before it’s where you get a snack or breakfast box sent through the post (the boxes, as pictured below, are perfectly sized to fit through a letter box!) to either your work or home address – where ever you prefer to have your breakfast or snacks!
Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day as it provides vital nutrients such as calcium and B vitamins and it improves memory and performance. Breakfast eaters also tend to have lower levels of cholesterol and are less likely to be overweight which means a reduced risk of heart disease. Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day – which is why I love to share healthy breakfast ideas!.. even when you don’t have time to prepare it!
In my Graze Breakfast Box I received three granolas and one muesli packet which all tasted INCREDIBLE. Each packet was perfectly portioned with each bag weighing around 70-80g, providing between 280-340 calories, and when added to milk (I use unsweetened almond milk or skimmed milk) or yoghurt they make an ideal start to the day!
You can choose whether or not to add extra fresh fruit however you really don’t need to as most of the recipes contain dried fruit already and are high in fibre. Here were my breakfast options for the week (well for 4 days at least!)
- Dark Chocolate & Orange Granola: Chocolate orange granola, orange peel, dark chocolate curls, pumpkin seeds & almond slices.
- Ski Lodge Spiced Apple & Honey Granola: Apple, cinnamon & ginger-spiced granola, chopped pecans, honey almond slivers, jumbo raisins & crispy millet flakes.
- Strawberry, Raspberry & Yoghurt Granola with Multigrain Flakes: Oat & barley granola, strawberry & raspberry pieces, yoghurt coated strawberry pieces, crispy multigrain flakes & malt coated oats.
- Bramble Country Apple, Blackberry & Roasted Hazelnut Muesli: Apple, blackberries, roasted hazelnuts, crispy millet flakes, apple barley, rolled spelt flakes & pumpkin seeds.
I loved all of the breakfasts that I received and have shown how I enjoyed them below.. with milk, with yoghurt & frozen berries/fresh berries or even layered with yoghurt & calorie free chocolate fudge sauce (it tasted like dessert rather than breakfast!!).
Thinking about the pros and cons of the breakfast boxes (in my opinion) they are..
- Pros: They are convenient (great for when you’re short of time), high in fibre, perfectly portioned for one, packed with vitamins & minerals, low GI (they release their energy slowly), come with the nutritional information in a little booklet as well as the ingredients on the back of the pack and on the Graze website, are cheaper than a breakfast from a coffee shop or from a canteen and taste amazing!
- Cons: A few of the ingredients used do contain added sugar and they are more expensive than making your own homemade granola or muesli at home.
The breakfast boxes in my opinion are a fab idea and provide a great option for a quick, healthy and tasty breakfast for when you’re either short of time or just lacking inspiration! For the other 3 days of the week you can get creative and make your own breakfast.. here are my top breakfast ideas!
If you fancy trying the Graze Breakfast Boxes, you usually get the first box 1/2 price however Graze have kindly offered all of my readers their first TWO boxes half price (usually £3.99) .. *hurray* .. just [click here] to get the offer!
Do let me know what you think to the Graze Breakfast Box idea or if you’ve tried them already!
*I was provided with a sample of the graze breakfast box to review on my blog however all opinions and words written are 100% honest and are my own. This blog post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer page for more information.
I’ve tried these and love them ! Really good flavors and good quality ! A little bit expensive but I do think it’s worth it x
Thanks for your comment Karen! Totally agree with you!! xx
I like these, makes a change every now and agin, don’t have them every day. They are pretty sweet but good quality and tasty! X
Totally agree Sarah xx