I’ve just recently come back from a weekend away in Barcelona and thought I’d show you ‘What I Ate’ – video style! I’ve listed below what I ate and where I ate it just in case you are going to Barcelona and wanted some inspiration for restaurants etc. to visit. I really did have an amazing time (it was SO hot!) and although I filmed MOST of what I ate, I’m sure that you can imagine that not everything was on there (I was actually on a hen do – not my own!!).
Anyway, do let me know what you think to this type of video/blog post and I will make more of them if you like it!
Disclaimer: I promote the 80/20 rule when it comes to healthy eating where nothing is banned – I eat what I fancy, when I fancy it (if I’m craving it!) but overall like to keep my main meals as healthy as possible. I am not saying that you should eat how I eat but did think that sharing some nice places to eat in Barcelona would be useful! NB I also only usually drink alcohol once a week – this was a hen do and I drank significantly more (!).
- Drinks & Nibbles in the Apartment: Thin crust chicken & vegetable pizza with salad drizzled in olive oil & balsamic vinegar, slices of meat & cheese, + wine & water followed by copious amounts of roasted & salted cashew nuts & peanuts, chocolate truffles (they were left for us of arrival!) + vodka diet coke & water.
- Breakfast: Fruit & yoghurt (I keep things light on a morning on holiday!) + a mint tea.
- Lunch on the Beach at Opium (highly recommend!): Avocado & prawn salad with a seeded roll (with olive oil & balsamic vinegar) + cava.
- Snacks: Chocolate truffles (those dam things were calling my name once we got back to the appt!) plus fruit, slices of meat & cheese + water.
- Evening Three Course Meal on the Beach at Salt Bar (highly recommend): We had the set menu & I ate EVERYTHING on my plate.. starters consisted of beef & vegetables in a chipotle sauce, chicken wings marinated in soy, honey & ginger with a delicious spicy tomato chutney plus a julienne salad with lettuce, chicken and a ranch dressing (Yum)! I chose to have a salmon burger in a wasabi bread bun for main, with the worlds tastiest chips served with a parmesan mayo & dessert was my friend’s brownie and a fruit salad! I drank wine & water with my meal and then vodka/diet coke for the rest of the night.
- Breakfast: Fruit & yoghurt + green tea.
- Picnic Lunch in Ciutadella Park: I ate a delicious goats cheese, walnut & raisin salad with bread sticks & hummus, olives & fruit from the amazing market. I drank water.
- Snacks: Chocolate truffles plus slices of meat & cheese, fruit + water.
- Dinner in the Square at Las Ramblas: I had a seafood & chicken paella (lots of it!) with a side salad.
- Breakfast: Fruit + tea.
- Set Lunch at Hotel Putitzer (great value fancy food!): Starters were a green salad with walnut & cheese plus a butter bean with egg & tuna salad. My main course was tuna steak with a sauce & vegetables. My dessert was fruit with a chocolate pudding. I drank a herbal tea & water (I skipped the wine!!).
- Snacks: Fruit, fanta zero, cappuccino, dark chocolate at the airport and a few cheeky Toblerone pieces!
And there you have it!! A little snap shot into my daily eats 🙂
For more information on ‘What I Eat’ check out my What I Ate Wednesday blog post!
Looks like a fantastic time was had! And yummy too!
It was great!! Thank you!!
Hi Nic, thank you for this great video and blog post. It proves you can eat well while away and have lovely meals. Those markets look amazing and inviting. Thank you for sharing this with us.
Aw thank you Janet! I’ll definitely post more of these types of blogs 🙂
Hi nic just wondering does vodka contain calories ! Hoe you had a fab holiday x
Hehe yes it does!! 50 calories per 25ml 🙂 and thank you! x
Don’t even ask about wine & beer 😉