Carrot Cake Protein Muffin Recipe2013-04-19
- Course: Snack
- Servings : 12
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 35m
These Carrot Cake Protein Muffins are super tasty and are not only high in protein and fibre but count towards one of your 5 a day too.. carrots are a fantastic source of vitamin A, antioxidants & fibre.. these really are super healthy muffins!
- 45g (1 cup) oat flour (blended oats) or quick oats such as Ready Brek
- 160g (1 cup) pureed/grated carrot (I just whizzed a few skinned carrots in my food processor)
- 50g/2xscoops of vanilla protein powder (or milk powder)*
- 3 egg whites
- 85g (1/2 cup) Fat-free Greek yoghurt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (+pinch of salt)
- 7g (1/2 cup) stevia (natural sweetener)
- 60g (1/2 cup) chopped walnuts** – optional or swap for almonds/pecans/dried fruit
*I used My Protein Whey .. if you’re using skimmed milk powder add 1 tsp of vanilla and a dash of milk/water if the mixture is too dry
**Nutritional stats include the walnuts – which increases the healthy fats in these muffins!
Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C
In a bowl mix the quick oats/oat flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, salt and protein powder
In another bowl mix together the grated carrots, egg whites, yoghurt and stevia
Combine the wet and dry ingredients together and then stir in the nuts or dried fruit
Divide batter between 12 x greased muffin cases (grease with 1 cal spray oil) or non-stick muffin cases
Bake for 25 minutes, allow to cool and enjoy!
*With vanilla & cinnamon quark icing!
*This blog post contains an affiliate link. Please read my disclaimer page for more information and for my policy on using protein powders in recipes, gluten-free foods/baking and vegetarian/vegan recipes.
Average Member Rating
(4.3 / 5)
17 people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.