Nourish .. fast food with a conscience!
Whoop whoop! It’s here!! Sheffield’s very first HEALTHY FAST FOOD RESTAURANT! Nourish is a project that I’ve been working on for the last few months and today was their grand opening! The co-owners, David Stache & Ben Pryor, along with head-chef Richard Pryor had a vision to provide great-tasting, healthy fast-food that nourishes customers from the inside out, and today they brought their vision to life.
Nourish has a 100% “Nic’s Nutrition” approved menu with everything on it literally bursting with nutrients. All of the food is clearly labelled to tell you how it’s nourishing your body, along with the calories, macro-nutrients (protein, fat, carbs and fibre) and allergy/other information i.e. gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan, dairy-free, low glyeamic load, wheat-free, superfood, low carb and high protein.
To give you a ‘taste’ of the Nourish menu, this is what I ordered..
- Quinoa Hot Pot: Veg (medium size) - Quinoa, black beans, tinned toms, roast pepper, red onion, carrot, courgette, chickpeas, cashews, pearl barley, sweetcorn (369Kcal, 13.1g protein, 9.9g fat, 55.6g carbs, 10.2g fibre) - £3.45
- High Protein Low Carb Smoothie – Vanilla protein powder, almond nut butter, spinach, almond milk, blueberries (270Kcal, 32g protein, 14g fat, 4g carbs) – £2.45
- Water – Zero cals
Other deliciousness on the Nourish menu includes (and this is just a taster!!) …
- Quinoa Porridge with Almond Milk or Semi-Skimmed Milk, with 2 toppings of either Greek yoghurt, pomegranate seeds, agave nectar, nut butter, peanut butter, chia seeds, protein powder, goji berries or banana.
- Scrambled Eggs with spelt, rye, wholemeal or gluten-free toast with 2 toppings of either roast tomato & basil, chicken sausage, smoked salmon & feta, bacon, avocado or haricot beans.
- Salmon Superfood Wrap - free range eggs, wholemeal wrap, avocado, smoked salmon & spinach.
- Protein Pancakes – free range eggs, semi-skimmed milk, oats, almond butter & Greek yoghurt.
- Quinoa Superfoods Salad – quinoa, broccoli, kale, spinach, red onion, avocado, pomegranate seeds, almonds and vitamin B12.
- Smoked Mackerel & Beetroot Salad – mackerel, broccoli, beetroot, cherry tomatoes, spinach, Greek yoghurt, peas, walnuts, rocket, chard and horseradish.
- Salmon, Chickpea & Olive Salad – salmon, chickpeas, spinach, olives, chard, rocket, cucumber, radish, fennel, dill.
- Meatballs in Tuscan Spiced Tomato Sauce – bulgur wheat, tuscan spiced tomato sauce, turkey meatballs, carrot, Greek yoghurt, basil, oregano.
- Baked Sweet Potato - with either Mexican bean chilli / smoked mackerel, Greek yoghurt & horseradish / feta cheese & spring onion / hummus & paprika.
- Green Leaf Wraps – with hummus & feta / lentil & dahl / mackerel & quinoa.
- Wholemeal Wraps – with chicken & avocado / lentil & dahl / turkey meatballs.
- Smoothies: banana powder smoothie / energy smoothie / protein smoothie.
- Iced Green Tea: strawberry, mango & banana / kiwi, apple & lemon and more.
- Hot Drinks: black coffee / green tea / Yorkshire tea (of course!!).
Nourish is not only 100% healthy and convenient, it’s reasonably priced too – with prices starting from £1.95 and main meals costing on average £3.45. I was so impressed that I cannot recommend enough that (if you live close by), you check them out and make them your regular breakfast/lunch/dinner stop!!
Team Nourish… (left to right)
- David Stache: Nutritionist & Co-owner of Nourish
- Me: Should have worn heels
- Ben Pryor: Co-owner of Nourish
- Richard Pryor: Head Healthy Chef – as instructed by David (!)
The entire Nourish team is there to advise and support customers to make informed choices about their health and food choices.. after all, they are ‘fast food with a conscience’!