Healthy Baked Salmon Recipe
Hey guys! So this Sunday I thought I would share with you a recipe that I make (almost!) every week. It uses salmon and I guarantee you that even non-fish-lovers will love this recipe! It’s super creamy, tastes amazing and would be perfect to serve on Easter Sunday or Monday next weekend.
Salmon is classed as an oily fish, and for heart health we should ideally eat oily fish once a week. This recipe combines the healthy fats as well as protein from the salmon with slow release energy and fibre from sweet potatoes as well as nutrients from vegetables. This recipe really is the ultimate balanced dish!
I really hope you like my new filming format too; I have hopefully catered for everyone; from those who prefer to watch, to those who prefer to read, and those who prefer to listen!! Do let me know if you make it too 🙂
In this recipe video I use salmon from the Saucy Fish Co – they are a great brand who make a whole host of great tasty fish-based products; if you’re a fan of fish definitely check them out!
And now it’s on to the recipe..
What you’ll need to serve 2 people:
- 2 skinned fresh salmon fillets
- 2 sweet potatoes – to make into wedges
- Tendereste broccoli; to roast & serve
- 4 tbsp Greek Yoghurt
- 2 x rye crackers
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & black pepper
- Sauce for on top of the salmon – I used Saucy’s Salmon with Watercress, Rocket & Crème Fraiche dressing
What to do:
- Pre-heat your oven to 170 degrees C
- Wash & chop the sweet potatoes into wedges; add them to a bowl along with a dash of water & microwave them for 4 minutes to soften
- Meanwhile pop your salmon fillets into a heat-proof dish; top with the Greek yoghurt
- Crush up the rye crackers and add the mixed seeds (optional)
- Press the rye mix into the yoghurt covered salmon fillets & drizzle with olive oil
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove the sweet potato wedges from the microwave, transfer to a heat-proof dish, add a touch of olive oil and pop in the oven along with the salmon
- Add a touch of olive oil to the broccoli and roast for 10 minutes
- Just before serving heat your chosen sauce; I popped the Watercress, Rocket & Crème Fraiche Dressing in a cup of boiling watering for 1 minute
- Plate up the salmon, sweet potato wedges and broccoli before adding the sauce to the top of the fish for a flavour boost.
Here what the finished dish should look like.. and all that is left to do is eat and enjoy it!
*I do not promote products featured over others that are not featured. I worked with the Saucy Fish Co. on this recipe. Please read my disclaimer page for more information.