Quorn Spring Green Medley
- 300g frozen peas + 100ml water
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, diced + 100ml water
- 4 asparagus stalks
- 1 courgette (300g), diced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 350g Quorn Chicken Style Pieces
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add the frozen peas to a pan of boiling water and simmer for 3-4 minutes before draining and adding to a food processor along with salt & pepper to season and 100ml water. Blitz to make a pea puree - it shouldn't be completely smooth!
- In a frying pan, fry the diced red onion in a little oil/1 cal spray oil for 1-2 minutes before adding the garlic & 100ml water. Slice off the asparagus tips (keep for later!) and finely slice the remaining stems before adding them to the pan along with the pea puree. Stir well.
- Add the finely diced courgette to the pan, along with the Quorn chicken style pieces and thyme & simmer for 6 minutes, stirring half way through.
- Divide your spring medley of green vegetables with Quorn pieces between two plates and top with two asparagus tips on each and enjoy or store in the fridge for later - you can enjoy this dish either hot or cold!
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 4 g
Total Carbohydrates 29 g
Protein 37 g
Recipe by Nics Nutrition at https://nicsnutrition.com/spring-vegetable-medley-quorn/