Skinny Peanut Prawn or Chicken Stir Fry
- 200g bean-sprouts/stir-fry mixed veg*
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 300-500g prawns/chicken breast (cubed)
- 200ml (1/2 can) light coconut milk
- 3 tbsp peanut butter**
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp oil for frying - I used coconut
- Noodles to serve
- Cook the onion in a pan with the oil, garlic, ginger and chilli for 5-10 minutes until browned before adding in the rest of your stir-fry veg, using a medium heat.
- If you are using chicken, once the vegetables have softened set the vegetable mixture to one side and brown the meat in the pan on a medium-high heat. If you are using prawns simply add the (cooked) prawns to the pan with the vegetables in before moving to step 3.
- Mix together the onion mix and browned chicken/prawns before adding the coconut milk, peanut butter, honey and soy sauce.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes until the sauce has thickened and meanwhile cook your noodles according to the packet (usually simmering them in boiling water for 4 minutes).
- Add the juice of 1/2 a lime to the pan and serve… noodles first, stir-fry & sauce second.. and enjoy!
*I used a stir-fry mix containing cabbage, bean sprouts & carrots (buying pre chopped is so convenient!)
**I decided to use 4 tbsp of peanut flour (PPB/PB2) mixed with 2 tbsp water for a lighter alternative to peanut butter
I kept left over sauce in the fridge for the next day for another stir fry.. and I'm also planning on using the coconut milk in my porridge (yum!).
Nutritional stats provided are based on 1/3 of the above ingredients using prawns & PPB and exclude the noodles.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 9 g
Total Carbohydrates 23 g
Protein 26 g
Recipe by Nics Nutrition at https://nicsnutrition.com/skinny-oriental-peanut-ginger-stir-fry/