Roasted Lemon Sole & Butter Bean Mash
- 4 whole lemon sole*
- 2 lemons, 1 sliced, 1 zested & juiced
- 335g pack cherry tomatoes, halved
- 185g jar pitted black olives, drained
- Few sprigs of rosemary
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 410g butter beans, drained
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C (fan 160 degrees C or gas 4). Put the fish on a large, lightly greased baking tray and cut four slashes on the top of each one (skin side up).
- Add the sliced lemon, tomatoes, olives, most of the rosemary sprigs, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Season with pepper and roast for 10-15 minutes, until the fish is cooked and the skin is crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, heat the remaining olive oil over a medium heat. Chop the remaining rosemary leaves, add to the pan and cook for 30 seconds. Stir through the butter beans, 50ml hot water, and the lemon zest and juice. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until warm then crush using a potato masher. Optional - I added some extra light mayo for a touch of extra creaminess!
- Season the butter beans with black pepper and serve with the roasted sole*. Optional - serve with lightly boiled asparagus & enjoy!
*I asked the fishmonger to remove the heads from my fish!
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 12 g
Total Carbohydrates 19 g
Protein 28 g
Recipe by Nics Nutrition at https://nicsnutrition.com/roasted-lemon-sole-butter-bean-mash/