This week I shared with you my Top 5 Damage Limitation Tips for Christmas.. and here’s a waist-friendly recipe to go with it!
This dish is high in protein and fibre and low in calories – and it’s also a GREAT way of using up any leftover sprouts! I used to hate sprouts as a kid (mainly because everybody else did.. so I naturally thought that I wouldn’t like them), but if cooked right, and in the right dish, I really do love them!
This dish is meat-free thanks to Quorn, which may be just what you need if you’ve been feasting on meat a little too much this festive season!
Do let me know if you give it a go!
Vegetarian Bubble & Squeak
- 350g (1 pack) Quorn Meat-Free Chicken Style Pieces
- 500g sprouts, halved
- spray oil
- 2 onions, finely diced
- 500g leeks, cut into thin rings
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning (I used a mixture of dried herbs; marjoram, oregano, basil and thyme)
- salt & pepper
- Place the sprouts in boiling water for approximately 8-10 minutes until cooked but still firm. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a shallow frying pan and fry the onion for 3-4 minutes then add the leeks and cook gently until both are softened.
- Add the Quorn Meat-Free Chicken Style Pieces and Italian seasoning and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the cooked sprouts and black pepper and salt to taste and continue to heat through until all the ingredients are hot.
- Serve & enjoy!
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 2 g
Total Carbohydrates 38 g
Protein 20 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
*This blog post has been written in collaboration with Quorn who I work as an ambassador for – you can read more about this collaboration [here] and my disclosure page.