Healthy Oat & Apple Snack Bars
- 1.5 cups (150g) oats*
- 1/4 cup (45g) dried fruit e.g. chopped apricots
- 1/4 cup (40g) seeds/chopped nuts - optional
- 2 apples - chopped (or 2 mashed bananas)
- 1 tbsp oil/butter - I used melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey/agave nectar/maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cinnamon or ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- pinch of salt
- Pre heat your oven to 190 degrees C
- Add the chopped apples to a food processor & pulse until they are finely chopped and turned 'mushy'
- Mix together the oil, honey & vanilla in a pan over a medium heat before adding the diced apples & mixing well
- Mix together the oats, dried fruit, seeds/nuts, salt & cinnamon in a seperate bowl before adding to them the apple, oil, honey & vanilla mix
- Press the mixture into a baking tin lined with baking paper & bake for 15-20 minutes until golden
- Allow to cool before cutting into 9 bars & enjoy! I wrapped my bars in cling film and kept them in the fridge or freezer until I wanted them!
*For a higher protein snack bar swap 1/2 a cup of the oats for protein powder!
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 4 g
Total Carbohydrates 15 g
Protein 2 g
Recipe by Nics Nutrition at https://nicsnutrition.com/oat-apple-breakfast-bars/