These ‘no bake’ ground-almond, peanut butter (or PPB!) & chocolate-chip cookie dough bites are not only super healthy but taste AMAZING!!
They are easy to make and can be stored in the fridge for when ever you have a sweet-tooth craving!
Nuts such as almonds provide a variety of key nutrients that help promote a healthy body, including the essential fat ‘linoleic acid’, thiamine, vitamin E, magnesium & calcium.
I made these cookie dough bites with PPB (powdered peanut butter, available from Amazon) and found the chocolate variety to produce the richest flavour (they tasted like truffles!). So if your tooth isn’t as sweet as mine, go for the original or stevia variety or stick with regular peanut butter 🙂
Do let me know if you make them too!
P.S To make a protein powder version of these check out my No Bake Peanut Butter Protein Balls!
Healthy Cookie Dough Bites
- 1/4 cup (55g) chickpeas or white beans*
- 1 cup (100g) ground almonds
- 3 tbsp xylitol**/stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- Add all of the ingredients, except the chocolate chips into a food processor & blend until smooth
- Scrape out the mixture into a bowl & add in the chocolate chips with your hands
- Scoop out a heaped tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball with damp hands. Repeat until all of the mixture has been used up (I made 15 ball shapes)
- Pop onto a plate lined with grease proof paper & chill in the freezer for 20-30 minutes before enjoying or storing in the fridge for later!
*I used tinned chickpeas/cannellini beans – drained
*Xylitol is a healthier alternative to sugar
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 4 g
Total Carbohydrates 4 g
Protein 3 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Images copied righted to Bazzerio.