Healthy Gingerbread Cookies
- 140g ground almonds*
- 60g dates (3 fresh or 10 dried)
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 25ml melted coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 20g honey or maple syrup
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to 150 degrees C & add the ground almonds, dates, spices & baking powder in to a food processor until combined.
- Add the oil, honey, vanilla and egg white and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and flatten between two sheets of grease proof paper - roll out to be 3-7mm thick (the thinner the biscuit the crispier they are or the thicker the biscuit the crunchier and chunkier they are).
- Place the dough in the freezer for 20 minutes to firm up (don't skip this step!).
- Cut out your 6 cookie shapes and pop onto a baking tray lined with baking paper before baking for 20-30 minutes until golden.
- Allow them to cool and enjoy! - I also added a couple of raisins to my gingerbread men before baking but feel free to ice them after if you're feeling adventurous!
*For a protein version (as pictured below) simply swap half of the ground almonds (70g) for protein powder. I also skipped the baking powder when I made the protein version (mainly because I forgot to add it but they turned out great!) and coated the outside really thinly in oil – which made them have a much more golden glow! The protein version nutrition stats are: 198Kcal, 12g fat, 10g carbs and 11g protein.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 17 g
Total Carbohydrates 9 g
Protein 7 g
Recipe by Nics Nutrition at https://nicsnutrition.com/healthy-gingerbread-cookies/