One of the most common questions that I get goes a little something like this “Help! I’ve bought some coconut flour and don’t know what to do with it or how to bake with it!”.
I’ve included two versions of this brownie recipe – a luxury version (containing 155 calories each) and a lower calorie version (containing just 70 calories each).
In the lower calorie version I’ve swapped a large proportion of the fat (coconut oil or butter) for apple puree (I use the ones from the baby food aisle!) and the sugar for a calorie free sugar alternative; Sukrin Gold, which is seriously an amazing product!!
Do let me know if you have a go at making this recipe too!!
P.S If you like this you make like my Sweet Potato Protein Brownie Recipe!
Chocolate Brownies with Coconut Flour
- 50g coconut flour
- 50g cocoa
- 30g melted butter or coconut oil & 100g apple puree*
- 3 eggs
- 100-150g sugar alternative such as Sukrin Gold
- 1 tsp cinnamon or vanilla
- Pre-heat your oven to 150 degrees C and mix together the wet ingredients (butter, apple puree if using and eggs).
- Mix in the coconut flour, cocoa and sugar alternative (I used Sukrin Gold) and cinnamon or vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into a square baking tin lined with baking powder and bake for approximately 30 minutes until firm.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes before slicing into 9 or 12 pieces.. and enjoy!
*For the luxury version swap the 30g of butter and 100g apple puree for 150g butter. The apple puree can also be swapped for a mashed, ripe banana.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 3 g
Total Carbohydrates 2 g
Protein 5 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.