Healthy Banana Bread
- 1.5 cups (200g) flour - I used Spelt
- 2 medium-large ripe bananas - mashed
- 180g plain Greek style yoghurt*
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125g) Xylitol or sugar alternative**
- 1 tbsp oil - I used coconut oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda* (+ 1/2 tsp salt)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pre-heat your oven to 175 degrees C
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a bowl - flour, xylitol or sugar alternative, cinnamon, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt
- In another bowl mix together the wet ingredients - mashed bananas, Greek yoghurt, eggs, oil and vanilla before adding in the dry ingredients and stirring until combined
- Pour the mixture into a silicone loaf tray* or greased/lined baking tin and bake for 45 minutes
- Allow to cool before slicing into 12 pieces and either serving or wrapping in cling film and storing in the fridge/freezer for when you're peckish!
*To make a more moist, ‘malt loaf’ type banana bread use 200g yoghurt & skip the baking soda!
**Xylitol is a healthier alternative to sugar and is perfect for baking.
***I got my silicone loaf tray from Amazon!
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 3 g
Total Carbohydrates 15 g
Protein 5 g
Recipe by Nics Nutrition at https://nicsnutrition.com/healthy-banana-bread/