Healthy Almond Cookies
- 130g ground almonds (I buy pre-ground!)
- 2.5 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp honey/maple syrup/agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 20g cacao nibs/chopped dark choc chips**
- Optional: 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Pre-heat your oven to 170 C (340 F).
- Mix together the dry ingredients (except the chocolate chips).. i.e. ground almonds, cinnamon/cocoa powder (optional), baking powder & salt.
- In a separate bowl mix together the wet ingredients.. i.e. melted coconut oil, honey (or alternative liquid sweetener) & vanilla.
- Combine the wet & dry ingredients together before stirring in the chopped chocolate chips or cacao nibs.
- Roll approximately 1 tbsp of the batter into a ball & place on a baking tray lined with baking paper (repeat until all of the mixture is used up.. I made 12 small cookies). Press the balls down lightly with the back of a wet spoon to make a cookie shape.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.. when taken out of the oven the COOKIES WILL BE SOFT & CRUMBLY but they firm up after a few minutes once cool. Store in an air-tight container & enjoy guilt-free when a cookie craving hits - or freeze for a later date!
*Dark chocolate contains less added fat & sugar than milk or white chocolate & contains more antioxidants which keep us healthy! Cacao is the unprocessed version of cocoa and is a great source of antioxidants to keep us healthy.
These cookies make the perfect mid-meal snack (I’d suggest 1 to 2 as a serving) and are so satisfying. They taste and smell delicious!!
This recipes makes 12 cookies.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 9 g
Total Carbohydrates 5.4 g
Protein 2.5 g
Recipe by Nics Nutrition at https://nicsnutrition.com/healthy-almond-cookies/