To kick of January here are my Healthy Almond Cookies. These cookies are made from super healthy ingredients, taste AMAZING and are really easy to make.
These cookies are packed with healthy fats, which help to manage cholesterol levels, as well as the powerful antioxidant Vitamin E, which helps to keep us healthy and our skin looking good. These cookies are naturally gluten-free (essential if you have coeliac disease) and can be made dairy-free by using diary-free chocolate or cacao nibs.
Do let me know if you make this too!
Healthy Almond Cookies
- 130g ground almonds (I buy pre-ground!)
- 2.5 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp honey/maple syrup/agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 20g cacao nibs/chopped dark choc chips**
- Optional: 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Pre-heat your oven to 170 C (340 F).
- Mix together the dry ingredients (except the chocolate chips).. i.e. ground almonds, cinnamon/cocoa powder (optional), baking powder & salt.
- In a separate bowl mix together the wet ingredients.. i.e. melted coconut oil, honey (or alternative liquid sweetener) & vanilla.
- Combine the wet & dry ingredients together before stirring in the chopped chocolate chips or cacao nibs.
- Roll approximately 1 tbsp of the batter into a ball & place on a baking tray lined with baking paper (repeat until all of the mixture is used up.. I made 12 small cookies). Press the balls down lightly with the back of a wet spoon to make a cookie shape.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.. when taken out of the oven the COOKIES WILL BE SOFT & CRUMBLY but they firm up after a few minutes once cool. Store in an air-tight container & enjoy guilt-free when a cookie craving hits - or freeze for a later date!
*Dark chocolate contains less added fat & sugar than milk or white chocolate & contains more antioxidants which keep us healthy! Cacao is the unprocessed version of cocoa and is a great source of antioxidants to keep us healthy.
These cookies make the perfect mid-meal snack (I’d suggest 1 to 2 as a serving) and are so satisfying. They taste and smell delicious!!
This recipes makes 12 cookies.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 9 g
Total Carbohydrates 5.4 g
Protein 2.5 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.