Carrot Cake & Walnut Overnight Oats
This creamy bowl of goodness is ideal to make in bulk for the week ahead or to feed a family; the below recipe serves 1 person which you can simple double or triple as needed.
- 1/2 cup (40g) oats
- 1/2 cup (125ml) almond milk (or other milk)
- 1/2 cup (100g) natural yoghurt
- 1/2 small (40g) finely grated carrot
- 10g (1/2-1 tbsp) honey - to taste
- 15g raisins - small hand full
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Toppings: walnuts / extra cinnamon if desired
- The night before mix together all of the ingredients apart from the walnuts in a bowl
- Cover your breakfast mixture to make an air tight seal (you could use clingfilm) and refrigerate overnight
- Wait for morning time, add some broken up walnut pieces and enjoy the creamy, high fibre goodness!
Recipe by Nics Nutrition at https://nicsnutrition.com/eating-energy-essential-tips-parents/