Chocolate & Raspberry Protein Muffins
- 165g (1 cup) oat flour (ground oats)
- 30g (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
- 90g (3 scoops) chocolate whey protein*
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 3 egg whites
- 140g (heaped 1/2 cup) 0% greek yoghurt
- 250g (1 cup) no added sugar apple sauce**
- 40g (2 tbsp) runny honey
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- For toppings: Raspberries
- Pre-heat your oven to 175 degrees C before combining the dry ingredients in a bowl: oat flour, cocoa, protein, baking powder and baking soda.
- Combine the wet ingredients into another bowl: egg whites, yoghurt, apple sauce, honey and banana.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Pour the mixture into greased muffin trays or into silicone muffin trays (oats have a tendency to stick!) - about 1/2 to 3/4 full. Add a raspberry on top (push it down slightly into the muffin mixture).
- Bake for 20 minutes and then allow to cool before enjoying immediately or storing in the fridge for later!
*I used Chocolate Brownie Whey Protein Powder from Protein Dynamix (use the discount code NIC20 for 20% off – you may have to log in first to use the code!). I use protein powder in some of my recipes to increase the satiating effect of them (leaving you feeling fuller for longer!). If you don’t have protein powder try low calorie hot chocolate powder instead!
**I buy my no added sugar fruit pots from the baby aisle! 250g is 2.5 x 100g pots.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 2 g
Total Carbohydrates 20 g
Protein 10 g
Recipe by Nics Nutrition at https://nicsnutrition.com/chocolate-raspberry-protein-muffins/