This week I’m talking about how to avoid weight gain as a student.. talking you through the reasons why I personally gained over a stone in 2 months when I first went to university and then how I lost it (the non-expensive way!) in my second and third years.
I really hope you find this video useful, and if you have any more tips then do leave them as a comment below!!
P.S And to summarise, here are the main reasons why I ended up gaining such a relatively large amount of weight in a relatively short amount of time:
- I drank ALOT of alcohol .. namely Irish Cream which is loaded with calories (in the form of fat and sugar!)
- I snacked mindlessly on rounds and rounds of toast with jam and butter plus dry cereal and packets of sweets!
- I didn’t fill up on fruit and vegetables
- I didn’t weigh myself and so didn’t notice the weight going on!
And here is what I did to lose the weight and become a healthier student!
- I planned my meals for the week (I had 3 meals and 2-3 snacks a day) – I enjoyed overnight oats or porridge for breakfast and made home-made hummus!
- I drank less alcohol and chose lower calorie spirits with a low calorie mixer
- I cooked with a friend and we experimented with healthy recipes from magazines
- I bought lots of fresh fruit and vegetables from the market (cheaply!) and bought from the basic ranges in supermarkets
- I cycled to lectures and worked in a bar (which I walked too and from 3 times a week)