I’ve made this dish three times now, and each time it hasn’t disappointed!
It’s high in protein, is cooked in just one pan, is easy to make and tastes delicious.. what more do you want from an evening meal?! As well as the perfect mid-week meal it’s also great for entertaining – you just pop the pan in the middle of the table and let everyone dig in!
You can serve this dish with either sweet potato fries (I get mine from Musclefood – use NIC5 for 5% off) or tagliatelle; NB the nutritional stats provided do not include these.
Do let me know if you make this dish, I would love to see it!
This recipe is adapted from the Soulmate Food recipe book which I’m really enjoying – it’s easy to read and the pictures are great (pictures of the recipe are essential for me when trying to make something!!).
Pesto & Creme Fraiche Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tsp olive oil or spray oil
- 1 small red onion
- 140g chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- 120g baby corn, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 120g asparagus tips
- 200g baby plum tomatoes
- 400g low fat creme fraiche
- 100g pesto*
- sweet potato/tagliatelle to serve
- Cook the chicken in a pan with some oil before tipping out the chicken into a bowl for later.
- Next, heat some more oil in the pan and add the onion, mushrooms, baby corn and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the asparagus and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the pesto, baby plum tomatoes and creme fraiche and fold together. Once piping hot, season to taste and serve with sweet potato wedges or tagliatelle, and enjoy!
*I used reduced fat pesto from a jar however you can make your own by blending 60g basil leaves, 50g pine nuts and 30g grated parmesan cheese (before seasoning with salt and pepper).
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 9 g
Total Carbohydrates 19 g
Protein 40 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
*This blog post contains an affiliate link. Please read my disclaimer page for more information.