Cookies for breakfast? Yes please!! These healthy breakfast cookies can actually be enjoyed at any time of day and are super nutritious as they are based around oats, fruit and nuts – they contain no flour, butter or sugar!
Breakfast is so important as it provides vital nutrients such as calcium and B vitamins, it improves memory and performance, and breakfast eaters also tend to have lower levels of cholesterol and are less likely to be overweight which means a reduced risk of heart disease.
Breakfast is also my most favourite meal of the day – which is why I love to share healthy recipes which can be enjoyed even by the people who need a ‘breakfast on the go’.
*To make this recipe Gluten-Free use Gluten-Free Oats
Any if you love these cookies then why not try these combinations and add-ins (as suggested by my lovely twitter followers!):
1) Fresh blueberries (instead of dried fruit), walnuts (instead of almonds) and a handful of dark chocolate chunks *Tip: Use dark chocolate chips for extra anti-oxidants
2) Dried cranberries (instead of raisins), chopped pecans (instead of almonds) and maple syrup (instead of stevia)
3) Raisins, almonds and agave nectar (instead of stevia)
4) Dried apricots (instead of raisins) and honey (instead of stevia)
5) Dried blueberries (instead of raisins) and desiccated coconut (instead of almonds)
P.s ANY dried fruit will do – let me know if you have any more great suggestions for these cookies below 🙂
*Personal Trainer Paul Mumford turned my breakfast cookies into flapjacks by using honey instead of stevia (which meant less milk was needed) and baking the mixture in a tray and cutting up into pieces!
*Oat Breakfast Cookies & Black Bean Chocolate Cookies!
*Breakfast cookies with grated apple (juice squeezed out) & walnuts!
*Breakfast cookies on the right & home-made granola on the left!
*This blog post contains a affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer page for more information and for my policy on using protein powders in baking, gluten-free foods/baking and vegetarian/vegan recipes.