Eating Healthily in Barcelona.. What I Ate!
I’ve just recently come back from a weekend away in Barcelona and thought I’d show you ‘What I Ate’ – video style! I’ve listed below what I ate and where I ate it just in case you are going to Barcelona and wanted some inspiration for restaurants etc. to visit. I really did have an amazing time (it was SO hot!) and although I filmed MOST of what I ate, I’m sure that you can imagine that not everything was on there (I was actually on a hen do – not my own!!).
Anyway, do let me know what you think to this type of video/blog post and I will make more of them if you like it!
Disclaimer: I promote the 80/20 rule when it comes to healthy eating where nothing is banned – I eat what I fancy, when I fancy it (if I’m craving it!) but overall like to keep my main meals as healthy as possible. I am not saying that you should eat how I eat but did think that sharing some nice places to eat in Barcelona would be useful! NB I also only usually drink alcohol once a week – this was a hen do and I drank significantly more (!).
- Drinks & Nibbles in the Apartment: Thin crust chicken & vegetable pizza with salad drizzled in olive oil & balsamic vinegar, slices of meat & cheese, + wine & water followed by copious amounts of roasted & salted cashew nuts & peanuts, chocolate truffles (they were left for us of arrival!) + vodka diet coke & water.
- Breakfast: Fruit & yoghurt (I keep things light on a morning on holiday!) + a mint tea.
- Lunch on the Beach at Opium (highly recommend!): Avocado & prawn salad with a seeded roll (with olive oil & balsamic vinegar) + cava.
- Snacks: Chocolate truffles (those dam things were calling my name once we got back to the appt!) plus fruit, slices of meat & cheese + water.
- Evening Three Course Meal on the Beach at Salt Bar (highly recommend): We had the set menu & I ate EVERYTHING on my plate.. starters consisted of beef & vegetables in a chipotle sauce, chicken wings marinated in soy, honey & ginger with a delicious spicy tomato chutney plus a julienne salad with lettuce, chicken and a ranch dressing (Yum)! I chose to have a salmon burger in a wasabi bread bun for main, with the worlds tastiest chips served with a parmesan mayo & dessert was my friend’s brownie and a fruit salad! I drank wine & water with my meal and then vodka/diet coke for the rest of the night.
- Breakfast: Fruit & yoghurt + green tea.
- Picnic Lunch in Ciutadella Park: I ate a delicious goats cheese, walnut & raisin salad with bread sticks & hummus, olives & fruit from the amazing market. I drank water.
- Snacks: Chocolate truffles plus slices of meat & cheese, fruit + water.
- Dinner in the Square at Las Ramblas: I had a seafood & chicken paella (lots of it!) with a side salad.
- Breakfast: Fruit + tea.
- Set Lunch at Hotel Putitzer (great value fancy food!): Starters were a green salad with walnut & cheese plus a butter bean with egg & tuna salad. My main course was tuna steak with a sauce & vegetables. My dessert was fruit with a chocolate pudding. I drank a herbal tea & water (I skipped the wine!!).
- Snacks: Fruit, fanta zero, cappuccino, dark chocolate at the airport and a few cheeky Toblerone pieces!
And there you have it!! A little snap shot into my daily eats
For more information on ‘What I Eat’ check out my What I Ate Wednesday blog post!