If you’ve been following my blog for a while then you’ll know that I’m a massive yoghurt fan. I’ve already blogged about how to choose a healthy yoghurt from the supermarket but until Beanies (yes, the same guys who make the delicious sugar-free flavoured coffees) contacted me the other day I had never even thought about making my own yoghurt at home!
Yoghurt is not only a great natural source of protein and calcium but it makes the perfect addition to any meal or snack – whether you’re adding it to granola or pancakes at breakfast, or pouring it over fruit for a snack, mixing it to create a dip or even stirring it into a curry for a creamier texture.. the options really are endless. So how did I feel when Beanies contacted me to see if I would like to try their new ‘at home’ healthy yoghurt maker and new no-added-sugar flavours, PLUS give a set away to one of my readers?! Happy doesn’t even cover it 🙂
So What is Beanies Yogart?
Beanies Yogart™ is a make-at-home yoghurt containing live cultures (probiotics), which are beneficial to health, and (most importantly) they taste AMAZING! The naturally flavoured, no added sugar Yogart sachets are perfectly packaged to make 1 litre of live yogurt at time.
To make this super delicious and fresh yoghurt all you have to do is:
- Pour the contents of your chosen flavour into a mixing bowl and add 1 litre of cold water
- Whisking for 1 to 2 minutes until you have a smooth consistency
- Place in the “Yogart Maker” container, switch on, and leave for 8 hours (over night) to ferment
- Mix (the yoghurt will be a little warm at this point)
- Store in an air-tight container (or the Yogart container) and pop in the fridge until chilled!
The yoghurt will keep in the fridge for 7 days, which means no more running out of yoghurt.. ever! I personally like to mix up two different flavours at the start of the week:
- Apple & Pomegranate – To pop in a little container to have with my lunch 🙂
- Vanilla – To make my over-night oats with & to enjoy on an evening with some home-made granola & raw cacao nibs!
What Yogart Flavours are Available?
Beanies Yogart comes in: Vanilla, Apple & Pomegranate, Strawberry, Lemon, Bio and Greek Style – all with no added sugar (all sugars are naturally occurring, low GI* milk sugars) or other nasties in sight – just check out the ingredients lists and nutrition stats below!
*GI = glyceamic index (a scale of how quickly a food releases its energy)
What are the Nutritional Benefits of Yogart?
- Yoghurt is a great source of protein, calcium, magnesium and essential vitamins with active bacterial cultures which aid in digestion, yoghurt also contains more protein than milk.
- Our bodies need a certain amount of ‘good bacteria’ in the digestive tract for digestion and immune function and yoghurt can help sustain this by providing live/active culture (i.e. ProBiotics).
- Healthier, lower fat/calorie alternative to cream in soups and curries etc.
- Beanies Yogart is 100% natural including the flavours is gluten free and suitable for vegetarians.
- There is general agreement that many of the finished (off the shelf) probiotic dairy products do not contain enough bacteria to be beneficial, or that the bacteria cannot survive the entire shelf-life of the product – which is where Beanies fresh Yogart steps in!
The Beanies Yogart Maker & Yogart flavours aren’t actually launching until September but they have kindly offered one of you lucky readers the chance to win a fantastic set!
To enter this giveaway all you have to do is:
1) Comment on this blog post telling me your favourite flavour of yoghurt (ANY!) – mine is vanilla FYI
2) Click below to register your entry & take the chance to earn more entries – there are 6 ways of entering and each way gives you more of a chance of winning 🙂
This giveaway will be kept open for 2 weeks and so will close on September 2nd.
The winner will be chosen at random by Rafflecopter and will be announced the day after the giveaway closes!
*Samples of the product mentioned were supplied to me free of charge however this review is 100% honest and of my own opinion. I was compensated in terms of money/a gift of value for the time it took me to write this blog post. I was not influenced in any way by the free samples/incentives supplied and do not promote this product more that other products that I have not reviewed. The products that I am giving away were supplied to me free of charge however I chose to do this giveaway based on the merits of the product itself (from a personal/professional point of view). I do not promote this product more than others that I am not giving away. Please read my disclaimer page for more information.