7 Recipes with 5 Ways Granola
Hello hello! So I have some really exciting news to tell you.. I’m going to be at the Allergy & Free From Show in Glasgow on March 11th with Nutri-Brex! I’ll be on stand D62 with Nutri-Brex demoing their amazing new ‘Nutri-Brex 5 Ways Granola’.
UPDATE! The show was amazing and it was so lovely to meet so many of you! You can see what happened in my latest video [HERE] or below and I really hope you enjoy watching!
I’ve chosen to work with 5 Ways as it really is a great product; as well as tasting delicious, it is:
- Gluten-Free – meaning people with coeliac disease or a gluten intolerance can enjoy it too
- High in Fibre – which is great for our cholesterol levels and digestive health
- Lower in Sugar than most other Granola – it contains less than 3g per 40g serving
- Provides Healthy Fats from Nuts & Seeds – each serving provides around 5g of protein
- Suitable for Vegetarians & Vegans – the hazelnut, coconut & quinoa version is vegan
- Has no Artificial Preservatives or Additives – which is always a good thing!
5 Ways Granola is (as I am sure you can guess!) a granola that is ingenious as you can use it in 5 different ways! You can use it as:
- Granola – Simply add milk or yoghurt & enjoy the crunch!
- Porridge - Add milk and cook in the microwave
- Topping - Sprinkle on yoghurt or peanut butter on toast.. yum!
- Bircher Muesli – Soak overnight with yoghurt, milk and apple
- Smoothie – Whizz with your favourite fruit, ice & yoghurt
The granola comes in two varieties: Honey, Almonds & Seeds (yellow packaging), and Hazelnut, Coconut & Quinoa (green packaging). I honestly don’t have a favourite as they are both equally delicious!
Ahead of the Allergy & Free From Show I’ve been experimenting with 5 Ways Granola and have come up with 7 (yes 7!) different recipes for you.. 5 of them are inspired by the original ’5 Ways’ and 2 of them are extra to show how you can use 5 Ways in baking as well as in a no-bake recipe.
The recipes that I’ve created and will be demoing on the day are below; do let me know if you’ll be at the event and/or if you make any of the recipes too by tagging me in on social media; I’m @nicsnutrition.
Classic Granola with Berries & Dark Chocolate
- Ingredients: 40g 5 Ways Granola, 150-200ml milk, 5 strawberries (chopped), 10 blueberries and 1 square dark chocolate (chopped).
- Method: Add your 5 Ways to a bowl and pour over the milk. Top with berries and chocolate pieces & enjoy!
Overnight Oats (Summer’s Porridge!)
- Ingredients: 40g (1/2 cup) 5 Ways Granola, 125ml (1/2 cup) milk, 125ml (1/2 cup) yoghurt, 1 tsp maca powder (optional), 1/2 tsp cinnamon and sliced banana, 1 tbsp mixed seeds / a drizzle of honey for topping.
- Method: Mix together the 5 Ways, maca powder and/or cinnamon, milk and yoghurt in a jar or bowl; cover and chill over night. The next day add your chosen toppings (banana, seeds and honey) & enjoy.
[UPDATE] RASPBERRY VARIATION.. At the Allergy & Free From show in Glasgow I actually blended milk with raspberries first before adding the 5 Ways Granola, some honey and yoghurt. I also added a raspberry on top for extra goodness! Check out a picture [here].
Topping on Chocolate Chia Seed Yoghurt
- Ingredients: 150g Greek yoghurt, 2 tsp chia seeds, 2 tsp cacao powder, 2 tsp stevia, 20g 5 Ways Granola and 3-4 raspberries.
- Method: Mix the Greek yoghurt together with the chia seeds, cacao powder and stevia. Sprinkle on 5 Ways, add the raspberries and enjoy.
Bircher & Apple Muesli
- Ingredients: 40g 5 Ways Granola, 1 large apple (1/2 grated and 1/2 thinly sliced), 30g raisins or apricots, 160ml milk, 1/4 tsp ginger and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.
- Method: Mix together the 5 Ways, grated apple, raisins and milk in a bowl with the ginger. Cover and leave in the fridge over night. The next day serve it as it is or spoon 1/3 of the bircher muesli into a glass followed by a drizzle of honey or maple syrup and a slice of apple, then repeat 3 times finishing with the 5 Ways bircher muesli; pop a few raisins on top for decoration.
Peanut Butter & Banana Smoothie
- Ingredients: 15g peanut butter (1 tbsp), 200ml milk or milk alternative, 1 banana, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp honey, 3-4 ice cubes and 25g 5 Ways (plus extra for on top).
- Method: Add the 5 Ways to a blender and blend before adding the milk, banana, cinnamon, honey, ice-cubes and peanut butter. Pour into your favourite glass, sprinkle on a little 5 Ways and enjoy!
Banana & Blueberry Breakfast Muffins
- Ingredients: 2 ripe bananas (mashed), 125g 5 Ways Granola, 125g oat flour (ground oats), 1 egg, 3 tbsp honey, 1 tsp vanilla, 150 blueberries, 185ml milk, 1 tsp cinnamon, pinch salt, 2 tsp baking powder and 3 tbsp rapeseed oil.
- Method: Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees C. Mix together the 5 Ways and oat flour with the baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add the mashed bananas and stir with a fork before folding in the blueberries. Whisk together the honey, oil, egg, milk and vanilla before folding it into the mixture until all of the dry mix is coated. Divide into 12-16 silicone muffin cases and bake for 25 minutes or until cooked all of the way through. Allow to cool and enjoy!
No Bake Raisin Energy Bites
- Ingredients: 100g 5 Ways Granola, 85g peanut butter, 50g raisins, 15g chia seeds and 35g honey.
- Method: Add the peanut butter and honey to a bowl and heat for 40 seconds in the microwave. In another bowl mix together the 5 Ways with the raisins and chia seeds. Add the dry mix to the wet mix and stir until combined. Chill mixture in fridge for 20 minutes. Pull off little pieces, roll into a ball, roll in desiccated coconut (optional) and repeat until the mixture is finished. Keep in the fridge until it’s snack time.
[UPDATE] You can use either smooth or crunchy peanut butter; I used smooth in the balls above but at the Allergy & Free From Show in Glasgow I used crunchy and you can see a picture of them [here].
Happy Healthy Baking Everyone!
*I am working with Nutri-Brex at the Free From Show. As always, I only work with brands which I genuinely love. Please read my disclaimer page for more information.